Benefits of Giving
If you're considering establishing a charitable fund with us or if you already have, you will be pleased to know about the benefits to you and to our communities.
- You can give to causes and programs you care about while supporting and bettering your own community.
- You can involve your family.
- You can begin planning to leave a charitable legacy.
- You can have as much or as little involvement as you wish — from visits to prospective grant recipients to consultations with our staff, who can help you with your philanthropic planning and strategy aimed at maximizing your results.
- You can make anonymous contributions.
- You don't have to worry about distributing grants. We make the distributions on your recommendations, while your fund is earning interest. We handle the paper work and IRS reporting.
- By giving through the Richmond Community Foundation, you improve the communities where you live and work.
- By partnering with our staff, you can fund the best organizations, programs, and initiatives generating positive impacts in the community.
- By co-investing with the Foundation and other donors, your grant making is leveraged, thus maximizing your impact in filling important needs.
- You can limit paying capital gains tax and reduce you estate tax liability while supporting local or national nonprofits.
- Your charitable gift grows tax-free while in your fund.
- To determine the tax benefits for your particular gift, consult the Foundation and your personal tax advisor.